Guide to Voting
1. Voter registration
Deadline to Register/update: October 9, 2020 (received by 5pm for paper application and midnight for online applications)
Online Link to Application: https://idahovotes.gov/
Idaho has SAME DAY REGISTRATION at the polling place
2. Check Your registration
Why check your registration? Your address is where election officials send notices, application forms to receive your ballot in the mail, and more. Additionally, poll workers will check if the address on your voter registration matches the address on your ID at the polls.
Check and Update Registration Here: https://idahovotes.gov/
- Is your name spelled correctly? (Correct hyphenations, middle initials, etc)
- Correct Address
- Active Voter Status (if not update by sending in another online/mail voter application)
- Correct Date of Birth
- Correct Political Party preference
3. Order your mail ballot
Deadline to request absentee mail ballot: october 23, 2020 – Must be Receieved by 8 pm
We recommend requesting your absentee mail ballot as soon as possible and well in advance of this deadline in order to ensure that you receive your ballot in time.
Request Mail-In Ballot Here:
Track your Mail-In Ballot Here: https://idahovotes.gov/
Surrendering Your Absentee Ballot:
Idaho does not have the Surrender Rule. If you requested and received an absentee mail ballot, follow the instructions on the ballot and return it as soon as possible to ensure it is received in time.
4. Early voting information
- Qualified electors may vote in person before Election Day at an early voting site. Contact your County Clerk for the dates, times and location of early voting in your county. Most counties use the county courthouse or elections office for early voting. Early voting ends in all counties at 5:00 P.M. on the Friday before Election Day.
- The Idaho voting guide is available here: https://idahovotes.gov/media/Citizens_Guide_to_Participation_English.pdf
- The county clerk shall provide the necessary absent electors’ polling places for the county. To find your polling location and hours visit: https://elections.sos.idaho.gov/ElectionLink/ElectionLink/ViewPollingLocation.aspx
For more information regarding federal, state and local elections contact your state election official online: https://idahovotes.gov or call Idaho Elections Office by phone: 202.334.2852 or email: email@example.com
5. Be a poll worker
- Become a poll worker! Election offices are expecting shortages in poll workers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Poll workers must be 16 years old or over, and a registered voter (if over 18) in their county
- Contact your county’s Registrar for information on how to sign up: