Guide to Voting
1. Voter registration
Deadline to Register/update: received by monday OCTOBER 5, 2020
Link to Application:
2. Check Your registration
Why check your registration? Your address is where election officials send notices, application forms to receive your ballot in the mail, and more. Additionally, poll workers will check if the address on your voter registration matches the address on your ID at the polls.
Check and Update Here: https://www.msegov.com/sos/voter_registration/home/
- Is your name spelled correctly? (Correct hyphenations, middle initials, etc)
- Correct Address
- Active Voter Status (if not update by sending in another online/mail voter application)
- Correct Date of Birth
- Correct Political Party preference
3. Order your mail ballot
No Deadline for advance mail ballot application
To vote my absentee mail ballot, you must have an excuse. Find out more here:
Deadline to return absentee mail Ballot:
Received on or before nov 2, 2020 5pm
4. Early voting information
- Mississippi does not currently permit early voting or no-excuse absentee voting.
- To view a Mississippi voter guide visit: https://www.sos.ms.gov/Content/documents/Elections/VoterInformationGuide.pdf
- To access your county elections information visit:https://www.sos.ms.gov/Elections-Voting/Pages/County-Election-Info.aspx click on your county on the map to be redirected to your county’s specific page.
For more information regarding federal, state and local elections contact your state election official online: https://www.sos.ms.gov or contact the Mississippi Secretary of State’s elections division by phone 601.359.9372.
5. Be a poll worker
- Become a poll worker! Election offices are expecting shortages in poll workers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Poll workers must be 18 years old or over, and a registered voter in their county
Contact your County Election Office to Sign Up:
6. Additional Questions?