Guide to Voting
1. Voter registration
Deadline to Register/update: OCTOBER 7, 2020
Link to Application: https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/register
2. Check Your registration
Why check your registration? Your address is where election officials send notices, application forms to receive your ballot in the mail, and more. Additionally, poll workers will check if the address on your voter registration matches the address on your ID at the polls.
Check and Update Here: https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/register
- Is your name spelled correctly? (Correct hyphenations, middle initials, etc)
- Correct Address
- Active Voter Status (if not update by sending in another online/mail voter application)
- Correct Date of Birth
- Correct Political Party preference
3. Order your mail ballot
Deadline for advance mail ballot application: Must be received by October 21, 2020 5pm
We recommend requesting your advance mail ballot as soon as possible and well in advance of this deadline in order to ensure that you receive your ballot in time.
Request Mail-In Ballot Here:
Deadline to return absentee mail Ballot:
Received on or before nov 3
Surrendering Your Absentee Ballot:
Find your local Election Authority if you have received an absentee ballot by mail, but prefer to vote at your polling place. https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/localelectionauthority
4. Early voting information
- Missouri does not currently permit early voting or no-excuse absentee voting.
- For information on polling place locations, acceptable forms of identification and other information visit:https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/howtovote
For more information regarding federal, state and local elections contact your state election official online: https://www.sos.mo.gov or call Missouri Secretary of State, John R. Ashcroft 573.751.4936.
5. Be a poll worker
- Become a poll worker! Election offices are expecting shortages in poll workers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Poll workers must be 16 years old or over, and a registered voter (if 18 or older) in their county
Sign Up Here: https://s1.sos.mo.gov/pollworker/signup
6. Additional Questions?