Guide to Voting
1. Voter registration
Deadline to Register/update: OCTOBER 23, 2020
Link to Application: https://secure.utah.gov/voterreg/login.html?selection=REGISTER
2. Check Your registration
Why check your registration? Your address is where election officials send notices, application forms to receive your ballot in the mail, and more. Additionally, poll workers will check if the address on your voter registration matches the address on your ID at the polls.
Check and Update Voter Registration Here:
- Is your name spelled correctly? (Correct hyphenations, middle initials, etc)
- Correct Address
- Active Voter Status (if not update by sending in another online/mail voter application)
- Correct Date of Birth
- Correct Political Party preference
3. Order your mail ballot
as of 2020, all counties in utah will conduct vote by mail elections. you will automatically receive a mail ballot if you are a registered voter.
Track your Mail Ballot Status Here:
Go to your county’s website to learn curbside ballot drop box locations.
Deadline to return absentee mail Ballot:
received by november 3, 2020
4. Early voting information
- Early voting is available 14 days prior to Election Day until the Friday before Election Day; Oct 20, 2020 – Oct 30, 2020.
- The election officer shall determine the times for opening and closing poll each day, except that polls must be open a minimum of four hours. The officer has discretion in determining where to locate poll places, except that the place must be in a government building.
- To find your county clerk contact information visit:https://voteinfo.utah.gov/county-clerk-contact-information/
For more information regarding federal, state and local elections visit: https://vote.utah.gov
5. Additional Questions?