Guide to Voting
1. Voter registration
Deadline to Register/update:
In Person and By Mail: OCTOBER 19, 2020
***Wyoming offers Same-Day Registration on Election Day at polling places
Link to Application: https://sos.wyo.gov/elections/state/registeringtovote.aspx
2. Check Your registration
Why check your registration? Your address is where election officials send notices, application forms to receive your ballot in the mail, and more. Additionally, poll workers will check if the address on your voter registration matches the address on your ID at the polls.
- Is your name spelled correctly? (Correct hyphenations, middle initials, etc)
- Correct Address
- Active Voter Status (if not update by sending in another online/mail voter application)
- Correct Date of Birth
- Correct Political Party preference
3. Order your mail ballot
Deadline to request mail ballot: november 2, 2020
Request Mail-In Ballot Here: https://sos.wyo.gov/Elections/State/AbsenteeVoting.aspx
*Mail ballots may be dropped off in person. Look up your county’s election website in order to find drop box locations in your county.
Deadline to return absentee mail Ballot:
received on or before november 3, 2020
4. Early voting information
- In-person early voting is not available. Voters can cast absentee ballots in-person as soon as those ballots are available. Absentee ballots are not delivered to voters earlier than 45 days prior to Election Day. Voter can continue voting in person until the day before Election Day.
- When in-person absentee ballot casting is available, voters can cast those ballots where established, including at courthouses or other public buildings. Those public buildings will be open during normal business hours. The county clerk may also establish satellite voting locations.
For more information regarding federal, state and local elections visit your state election official online: https://sos.wyo.gov/Elections/2020ElectionInformation.aspx or contact the Wyoming Secretary of State Election Division by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 307.777.5860
5. Be a poll worker
- Become a poll worker! Election offices are expecting shortages in poll workers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Poll workers must be 16 years old or over, and a registered voter (if 18 or older) in their county
- To sign up, contact your local county’s Election Official: https://sos.wyo.gov/Elections/BecomeAPollworker.aspx
6. Additional Questions?